YEAR 6 HALF-TERM SATs SURVIVAL
Children can have brilliant subject knowledge and still not reach their full potential in tests.
There can be lots of reasons for this, but the ‘main offenders’ tend to be:
* Poor timekeeping
* Lack of confidence
* Not using exam techniques
To develop skills needed for Year 6 SATs, we are delivering a bespoke program this half-term.
The children will discover how to:
* Slow down thinking if they’re prone to rushing, or work more quickly if they’re not finishing
* Realise the strength of their subject knowledge to build self-confidence and resilience.
* Use strategies to approach SATs questions in a methodical, efficient way.
We do this by:
* Using past SATs paper questions across Reading, Mathematics and SPaG so the children gain practical
experience of tackling tricky questions.
* Supporting children with qualified teachers who share years of SATs experience and strategies.
* Providing engaging activities that interest children, capture their imagination and help retain
When: Monday 18th February to Wednesday 20th February 2019, 10-12pm
Wednesday 20th February to Friday 22nd February 2019, 12:30-2:30pm
Where: Heaton Moor United Church, Stanley Road, Heaton Moor, SK4 4HL
Cost: £60 per child
We would love to hear from you if you need any more information!
Copyright 2019 Stockport MumblerYour Local Parenting Community
Made with by Wonder Media