YEAR 6 HALF-TERM SATs SURVIVAL
Children can have brilliant subject knowledge and still not reach their full potential in tests.
There can be lots of reasons for this, but the ‘main offenders’ tend to be:
* Poor timekeeping
* Lack of confidence
* Not using exam techniques
To develop skills needed for Year 6 SATs, we are delivering a bespoke program this half-term.
The children will discover how to:
* Slow down thinking if they’re prone to rushing, or work more quickly if they’re not finishing
* Realise the strength of their subject knowledge to build self-confidence and resilience.
* Use strategies to approach SATs questions in a methodical, efficient way.
We do this by:
* Using past SATs paper questions across Reading, Mathematics and SPaG so the children gain practical
experience of tackling tricky questions.
* Supporting children with qualified teachers who share years of SATs experience and strategies.
* Providing engaging activities that interest children, capture their imagination and help retain
When: Monday 18th February to Wednesday 20th February 2019, 10-12pm
Wednesday 20th February to Friday 22nd February 2019, 12:30-2:30pm
Where: Heaton Moor United Church, Stanley Road, Heaton Moor, SK4 4HL
Cost: £60 per child
We would love to hear from you if you need any more information!
Location: Didsbury base serving Manchester, Stockport & Cheshire
Services include one-to-one tuition in clients’ homes, workshop weeks for primary-aged students and intense revision weeks for GCSE and A level students. Our tutors are vetted at face-to-face interview to ensure they meet our required high standards of subject-knowledge and personality. This enables us to closely match tutor to customer.
Tel: 0161 434 7045 / 07527 377502
Love2Teach helps parents and students find tutors across Stockport to help with academic subjects (Primary, GCSE, A-Level, Dyslexia), languages, music, singing and dancing. You can find a tutor in 5 minutes online or phone us for a 1-2-1 service, our tutors are verified by us – From £12 per hour.
MagiKats Romiley provides flexible and individual out of school Maths and English tutoring suitable for children from early years to GCSE (ages 4 to 16). MagiKats unique approach offering fun and stimulating learning in a friendly and inclusive environment, will allow your child to fulfil their potential whilst enriching their mind.
Tel: Graham Waterhouse, Principal on 0161 612 3457
Stage schools in Edgeley, Gatley, Hazel Grove and the Heatons.
Performing Arts – Sing, Dance, Act, Musical Theatre and Cheerleading
Music Lessons – Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Ukulele, Vocals, Saxophone and Clarinet
Bright Sparks Tuition – English, Maths, Science, Languages
Tel: 0161 408 5052