Choosing the “right” gift can be a minefield. I don’t want to waste money, I don’t want excessive plastic and most importantly, I want the recipient to genuinely love it. For family & friends a bit of personalisation is always a winner however I’ve found that some of the “famous” brand names that spring to mind can be 1) very expensive and 2) a bit samey-samey.
I was therefore surprised & delighted when Card Factory came to Mumbler to ask if we could tell our Mumblers about their brilliant (and great value) on-line offering. They’ve got a store in Stockport (in the covered part of Merseyway) however on their website they offer a massive array of items that can be personalised.
At this time of year, we want to make it as quick & easy as we can to sort out Chrimbo presents so we’re going to share our top 10 personalised gifts from card factory, ideal for friends & family this year.
We all know someone with an unique or unusually spelt name, maybe it’s even your own child or grandchild. And the struggle is real when it comes to finding gifts with their name on! But with Card Factory’s personalised gifts that is no longer a problem! They’ve got a huge selection of personalised gifts, our top 10 are all priced under £20 – so perfect for gifts for teachers, grandparents, children and friends – regardless of how unusual their name is!
Water Bottle £12.99. An Eco favourite and a fab idea for school aged children. I’ve tried labels, pens, sharpies – you name it, to mark my daughter’s water bottles in the past. But they never stay on and then inevitably get lost. There’s no way a water bottle with an uploaded photo of me and my little girl is going to accidentally go home with someone else thinking its theirs!
Personalised Stainless Steel Straws £6.99. Another brilliant, environmentally friendly gift idea, and something that will get used time and time again. I don’t know about you, but paper straws just don’t work for me and my family! My daughters LOVE a straw in just about every drink and so these are a great little stocking filler for children. It comes with its own cleaning brush too. We’ve already ordered some of these in the Mumbler HQ office!
Travel Mug £12.99. I’ve already earmarked one of these for my Mum this Christmas. I’ve uploaded a photo of her and her Grandchildren to it and she can use it on her dog walks, especially useful throughout the cold winter months! Another tick for those eco conscious amongst us- most chain and local coffee shops offer a small discount if you bring your own cup rather than using a disposable one. It’s a small change to make to save money & plastic.
4. Personalised Photo Cushion £14.99. A great way to capture a memory and keep it forever! We’ve just shown some of the mini-mumblers these online and one of them have asked if she can get one for her best friend with a photo of them both on it. How cute is that? I’ve got a toddler, and you’d be surprised how much we take a cushion out with us! They’re ideal for long car journeys, train journeys – and great when you’re off on holiday.
5. Named Diary from £5.99. I love a slim diary – nice and compact that it fits in your bag but plenty of room to jot down all those important dates! I find them so much easier than using my diary on a phone, and the best thing about them is they never run out of battery! In fact, I’ve noticed all my mum friends have a paper diary. So an ideal gift for a busy mum! You can personalise them with photo uploads, and/or their names.
6. Personalised photographic calendar from £5.99. We couldn’t believe how cheap these were in the Mumbler office. Desk versions are just £5.99 and the A4 wall calendars just £7.99. These are another great way to capture several memories which would make an ideal Christmas present. You can upload your own photos and choose from three different sizes. I haven’t been in a family house that doesn’t have a calendar pinned to the kitchen wall! We all know the golden rule – if its not on the calendar it doesn’t count! A must to keep any busy family on track throughout the year.
7. Personalised Tree Bauble£9.99. I love this gift! The first Christmas for my daughter my friend bought her a personalised bauble and we loved it – and it’s now become a tradition in our family to buy a new one every year! You can choose to upload a photo or simply personalised one of The Card Factory’s many designs – we’ve ordered a photo upload one this year. Another great stocking filler, an ideal gift for someone’s first Christmas!
8. Reindeer Christmas sack £6.99. Personalise with your child’s name, this lovely, soft Christmas sack is perfect for putting all sorts of presents inside! Its 70cm x 50 cm. Another lovely personalised gift that become a festive tradition!
9.Personalised Cheese Board set £19.99. So this gift is perfect for me and my husband! A heart shaped personalised wooden cheese board comes with two cheese knives and a cheese fork tucked under the sliding cheese board lid. You can add two names and two messages of your choice which is carefully engraved onto the board in a cute uppercase font. A beautiful romantic gift for all those cheese lovers!
10. Mugs prices start from only £2.99. Surely the most popular gift for teachers or a great idea for your work secret santa! They have traditional and modern designs, with a wide range of personalised and non-personalised options. There are options to personalise your mug too. You can personalise with names and/or photos! They even have mugs that change colour when they’re filled with hot water and there are over 200 designs to choose from.
We hope that you like our selection of beautiful gifts that are eco friendly, capture memories and are great little tradition makers! So there you go Mumblers – get shopping! All items we’ve mentioned are dispatched within 3 working days, most dispatched within 24 hours. You can also get free delivery on orders over £20 at the moment (terms and conditions apply)- just look out for the free delivery code at the top of their website.
There’s also 20% off all personalised gifts when you use the code ‘XMAS20’ at basket.
Terms and conditions: Discount voucher is only valid at cardfactory.co.uk and is not valid in stores. All offer codes are applied to the value of the order excluding postage and are subject to our general terms and conditions. The offer code XMAS20 must be entered in the Voucher Code field on the basket page and applied in order for the discount to be deducted from the order. The voucher code entitles you to 20% off all personalised gifts, delivery charges apply. Offer excludes all store gifts and non-personalised gifts. Offer is valid until 11:59pm on Monday 16th December 2019. Unless stated, discounts cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any single order. Offers can be amended or withdrawn at any time and at the sole discretion of Card Factory.
Card Factory Competition!
We’re going to be running a “Caption the Card” competition on Instagram from Monday 9th December in conjunction with Card Factory and if you win, you will get £100 to spend on-line at Card Factory. Follow us on Instagram (@stockportmumbler) HERE and be sure to enter the competition before it closes at midnight on Friday 13th December 2019. (See T& C’s below)
Disclosure: Card Factory have kindly paid us so that we would write a blog about their products however the opinions that we’ve given here are entirely our own. We’re genuinely impressed with the products on offer- so much so that I’ve just bough 5 items myself for Chrimbo presents for the famalam. I can’t tell you which ones though because they read my blogs
Mumbler/ Card Factory “Caption the Card” Competition T & C’s
Card Factory will pick 1 winning caption from all the Mumbler entries and we (Mumbler) will contact the winner by direct message on Instagram on Monday 16th December.
The winner will have until midnight on Tuesday 17th December respond to their message otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
You can enter as many times as you like, one caption per comment though.
Keep it clean! No swear words to be used or comment will be deleted
Winner will receive £100 in credit to be used on-line with Card Factory (NOT in store)
No cash equivalent
£100 credit valid for 12 month only (expires 16th December 2020)